Reproductive Grief Care Certification in your Clinic or Center
Reproductive Grief Care Certification suits those seeking to provide the highest level of care. With training and practical resources for your entire team, it equips you to create an environment where men and women feel safe to disclose their reproductive history, and to support them in the midst of, or after, a loss. It also positions your organization as a center of excellence offering a “gold standard” of reproductive grief care in your community. Life Perspectives’ Reproductive Grief Care training is specifically geared toward pregnancy centers and pregnancy health clinics. Our training materials give you and your organization evidence-based, compassion-first approaches to reproductive grief and loss care.
“Life Perspectives’ training and resources are a must for pregnancy centers wishing to provide the highest level of care for clients impacted by reproductive loss.”
-Peggy Hartshorn, Heartbeat International Board Chair
This certification is awarded to clinics and centers that demonstrate:
- Reproductive grief care competency among all staff and key volunteers
- Compliance with grief care best practices and protocols
- Appoints a Reproductive Care Coordinator (see job description)
- Adoption of Life Perspectives Commitment of Care
- Adoption of adequate self-care policies
Why Seek Certification:
- Provides a gold standard of care alongside other RGC Certified Organizations
- Equips Staff, Volunteers, and Board with consistent messaging and training
- Enhances organizational understanding of grief after reproductive loss
- Certification increases patient/family satisfaction and outcomes and return services
- Ongoing access to training and support from the Life Perspectives Team
- Recognized in your community as a grief care expert
- Reduces care provider burnout and turn over
- STEP 1 – Schedule Training: Reproductive Grief Care Training attended by at least 80% of staff and volunteers.
- STEP 2 – Submit Application: Organization completes RGCC APPLICATION and Online Report with Attachments within 30 days of training completion along with a $100 non-refundable deposit. Additionally, organization names Reproductive Grief Care Coordinator (see job description under forms) who will serve as point of contact going forward.
- STEP 3 – Certification Program Acceptance: LP Certification Coordinator will determine eligibility to begin certification process.
- STEP 4 – Pay Certification Fee: Payment of certification fee due upon acceptance into certification program. ($100 discount available for Heartbeat International Affiliates.)
- STEP 5 – Certification Process: LP Certification Coordinator will work with Organization Reproductive Grief Care Coordinator to complete certification requirements (see checklist under forms).
- STEP 6 – Award: Organization awarded Reproductive Grief Care Certification. Certification is renewable every 2 years.
- Ongoing Coaching & Best Practices: LP Certification Coordinator will provide Organization Reproductive Grief Care Coordinator with ongoing support.
One in four pregnancies ends in miscarriage and one in four women in the US will have an abortion by the age of 45. Although these losses occur very differently, the grief experience is similar and affects men, women, family members and friends.
Our unique Reproductive Grief Care Training for health care professionals, pregnancy centers and clinics can bring hope and healing to hurting people who may be suffering alone.
- Broaden your understanding of grief and loss after miscarriage and abortion
- Provide you with essential knowledge and empathetic listening skills
- Provide healing resources to support those in your community
In-Service will cover:
– Reproductive loss medical history
– Compassionate response
– Effective support referrals
Questions? Contact Sara West 619.501.9414 or firstname.lastname@example.org