The Research Director will further Life Perspectives’ mission by initiating and overseeing reproductive grief care research projects both in-house and through collaborative partnerships.
- Develop new research projects and clinical trials in collaboration with the Healthcare, Mental Health and Pregnancy Clinic Departments.
- Establish the goals, standards, processes, and protocols for research projects.
- Present research proposals to company stakeholders and prepare grant requests.
- Obtain IRB approval and ensure compliance with generally accepted legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Assemble, train and manage research teams.
- Monitor results and oversee accurate data collection and analysis.
- Create research summaries in multiple formats, including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs and standard, written summaries.
- Prepare and publish findings in peer-reviewed publications.
- Passion and alignment with Life Perspectives’ mission and values
- Reproductive Grief Care interest
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as senior research assistant or director
- Graduate degree in healthcare or psychology preferred
- Proven track record of publishing studies in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent communication - written and oral - skills
- Ability to lead and work in teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving and decision making ability
- Practices self-care
- Can work in San Diego Headquarters during normal business hours
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, ResearchGate and SPSS or equivalent statistical analysis tools
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and cover letters received will be read and considered. Applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.
About Life Perspectives
Life Perspectives® is the global leader in education, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, without religious or political affiliation. Life Perspectives provides training and resources to health professionals including hospitals, medical professionals, therapists, social workers and pregnancy centers, as well as community and faith leaders.
Life Perspectives is nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) as a Continuing Education Provider. Life Perspectives is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs.
Life Perspectives is at the forefront of creating impartial and impactful research to understand the way individuals process reproductive losses, and to establish global standards for offering compassionate care. Life Perspectives also offers a safe place, without religious or political affiliation, for those impacted by miscarriage and abortion at MiscarriageHurts.com® and AbortionChangesYou.com®. Life Perspectives is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Compassion: Life Perspectives is known for its gentle, non-judgmental, supportive approach to each person and situation – in fact, Life Perspectives has been described as the “personification of compassion.”
Humility: Life Perspectives is known for its continual quest to learn, to grow, and to incorporate feedback with gratitude toward all who contribute to its healing mission.
Inclusion: Life Perspectives is known for working with diverse individuals, organizations, and institutions often serving as a bridge for unlikely partnerships.
Innovation: Life Perspectives is known for applying current knowledge in novel ways to maximize impact and facilitate transformation.
Integrity: Life Perspectives is known for being reliable, honest, trustworthy, respectful, and always striving for excellence while seeking to adhere to the highest ideals.