How to Help Those Impacted by Miscarriage, Abortion and Reproductive Loss during this Unusual Holiday Season
SAN DIEGO (December 3, 2020) – Life Perspectives,® the global leader in training, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, today offered advice to help those impacted by reproductive loss during this unusual holiday season.
“The holidays can sometimes be a very difficult time of year for those impacted by miscarriage, abortion and other pregnancy losses,” said Michaelene Fredenburg, CEO of Life Perspectives. “During this year’s holidays, the feelings of isolation typically felt by those impacted by pregnancy loss will likely be intensified, as our COVID-19 quarantine makes this one of the most unusual holiday seasons that we’ll experience in our lifetime.”
RESOURCES FOR EVERYONE
Have you personally experienced a pregnancy loss? Do you know someone who has? Life Perspectives offers these tools and tips to help you process your loss during this difficult holiday season.
“Everyone knows someone who has experienced a pregnancy loss,” said Michaelene Fredenburg, President and CEO of Life Perspectives. “Unfortunately, even though we want to support them, most of us do not know what to do or say.”
Life Perspectives is here to help! Life Perspectives offers helpful toolkits, full of advice, tips and practical steps, to help anyone impacted by reproductive loss, including:
• Two Things You’re Thinking Right Now: What to say and do when someone you love tells you they’ve had a pregnancy loss.
• Top 10 Terrible Things that people say after pregnancy loss
• Top 10 Terrific Things that people say after pregnancy loss
Life Perspectives also offers specialized miscarriage toolkits for:
• Friends & Family: When someone you love has had a miscarriage, what do you do? This toolkit provides tips and resources to help them process their miscarriage.
• Healthcare Professionals: Tips on helping your patients emotionally.
• Men: Men often feel invisible and disenfranchised from miscarriage grief. This toolkit provides tips and resources especially designed for men facing miscarriage.
• Just for You: A special toolkit just for women who have experienced miscarriage.
And other resources including:
• You are not alone: See our short video to get started helping yourself – or others – through miscarriage.
• #ForgetMeNot2020: Share your pregnancy loss story on social media with this hashtag.
• MiscarriageHurts.com and AbortionChangesYou.com. These websites offer guidance and a safe space for anyone impacted by miscarriage or abortion. It includes a place to tell your story anonymously, as well as structure for finding the support you need from others. (Note: some of these stories are raw and painful and may be difficult to read.).
– Michaelene Fredenburg, CEO of Life Perspectives, has authored a series of books to help those impacted by reproductive loss. These books are for sale at LifePerspectives.com/Shop and available digitally on Amazon, and free with a Kindle Unlimited subscription.
– Life Perspectives’ online store offers a range of products to help those impacted, including sympathy cards, healing kits, memorial jewelry and books. As Life Perspectives is a nonprofit, all proceeds go back into helping those impacted.
“A reproductive loss can be new, or years old, and still very painful every year during the holidays – especially during these quarantined holidays,” added Fredenburg. “It’s important to be open and available to listen and comfort those who are impacted and need our help.”
About Life Perspectives
Life Perspectives® is the global leader in education, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, without religious or political affiliation. Life Perspectives provides training and resources to health professionals including hospitals, medical professionals, therapists, social workers and pregnancy centers, as well as community and faith leaders. Life Perspectives is approved to provide continuing education nationally by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the National Association of Social Workers, as well as by the California Board of Registered Nurses, the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Life Perspectives is at the forefront of creating impartial and impactful research to understand the way individuals process reproductive losses, and to establish global standards for offering compassionate care. Life Perspectives also offers a safe place, without religious or political affiliation, for those impacted by miscarriage and abortion at MiscarriageHurts.com® and AbortionChangesYou.com®. For more information on Life Perspectives, visit www.lifeperspectives.com.