October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month
1 out of 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, but these, and other types of pregnancy and reproductive losses, are often underestimated or ignored in our culture. This grief is frequently marginalized and hidden, often unresolved for years – even decades.
As experts in grief care after pregnancy and reproductive loss, we are at the forefront of changing this. We are creating ways to help those impacted – help them tell their stories, process and memorialize their losses, and find a place of peace.
- Are you struggling after your own pregnancy or reproductive loss?
- Want to help loved ones impacted by pregnancy or reproductive loss?
You can help! We’ve created 3 easy steps to help those impacted:
- “Forget Me Not” Flowers to #WearAndShare
- Helpful Toolkits for Everyone (with custom toolkits for Healthcare Pros and Faith Leaders)
- Ways to Memorialize
“WEAR AND SHARE” YOUR “FORGET ME NOT” FLOWER: NOW ON AMAZON
We’re leading the charge to #WearAndShare your “Forget Me Not” flower to show support for those impacted. The “Forget Me Not” flower symbolizes to those impacted that we are remembering them, and remembering their children with them.
To make it easy to “Wear and Share,” especially during October’s Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, we now offer our new “Forget Me Not” Signature Collection of memorial and remembrance items. The Signature Collection features jewelry and sympathy cards, all featuring the “Forget Me Not” flower. The “Forget Me Not” jewelry pins are available as traditional pins and magnetic pins that can be placed on clothes, purses, and, for medical professionals, on ID badges or lab coats. Some of these items are also available on Amazon, too! All proceeds support those impacted by reproductive loss.
HELPFUL TOOLKITS – SHOW YOU HOW TO HELP
When someone is impacted by pregnancy and reproductive loss, do you know what to say or do? Our Helpful Toolkits are free resources for anyone who needs help, or wants to help, after a pregnancy or reproductive loss.
This toolkit is for anyone impacted, or anyone who loves someone who’s impacted. It includes resources, videos and helpful lists. It starts with custom “Helpful Toolkits” just for:
If someone you love has been impacted by pregnancy and reproductive loss, start with our “Top 10” Lists from the “Everyone” Helpful Toolkit:
- Top 10 Terrible Things That Caring People Say After Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
- Top 10 Terrific Things to Say and Do After Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
“You are Not Alone” Video
Within the Helpful Toolkit for Everyone, and also on the homepage of LifePerspectives.com, is our video “You are Not Alone.” This short, line-drawing video reveals some of the feelings experienced after miscarriage, its impact, and suggestions on how to start helping yourself – or others – through miscarriage. This same video is available in Spanish too.
WAYS TO MEMORIALIZE
Within our Helpful Toolkits for “Everyone” are suggestions for anyone to memorialize a pregnancy and reproductive loss – whether it happened recently or decades ago. We also offer special memorialization suggestions just for healthcare professionals and faith leaders.
HEALTHCARE PROS AND FAITH LEADERS – INFO JUST FOR YOU
The words and actions that healthcare professionals use with patients after pregnancy and reproductive loss – especially in the moment of bad news delivery – are remembered forever. Do you know what to say and do? We have resources just for you!
- Healthcare Professionals’ Helpful Toolkit: Specially designed just for Healthcare Professionals, this Helpful Toolkit offers practical resources, tips and links to healing tools to guide your patients through pregnancy and reproductive loss.
- Courses – Earn and Learn: Our live, virtual, and on-demand educational courses help healthcare professionals earn continuing education hours while learning valuable skills to help clients and patients through reproductive loss.
- Research: The latest and most impactful research in reproductive loss is discussed in our guest lecture series “Research Reveals.” One recent event was Spiral of Pain: The Powerful Impact of Bad News Delivery After Miscarriage with Drs. Brann and Bute. This event is now available to view anytime; continuing education credits are available for this, and other, courses.
- For more information on Life Perspectives’ courses, certifications, or accreditations, contact us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
If you love our work, and want to help, feel free to visit our Donate page. Your donation – of any size – has a bigger impact than you know!
Contact us for additional information on any of these subjects.