Guest Lecturers, Video and Toolkits for Friends & Family, Healthcare Professionals, Men and Faith Leaders Now Available
SAN DIEGO (October 1, 2020) –Life Perspectives today announced plans to honor Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month with a range of tools, videos, lectures and resources designed to help anyone impacted by miscarriage.
“Everyone knows someone who has experienced a pregnancy loss like miscarriage,” said Michaelene Fredenburg, President and CEO of Life Perspectives. “Unfortunately, even though we want to support them, most of us do not know what to do or say.”
RESOURCES FOR EVERYONE
Have you personally experienced a miscarriage? Or would you like to help someone who else who has? We have created these helpful toolkits, full of advice, tips and practical steps, to help anyone impacted by miscarriage.
- You are not alone: See our short video to get started helping yourself – or others – through miscarriage.
- #ForgetMeNot2020: Follow this hashtag on social media for updates throughout the month.
- MiscarriageHurts.com: This is a website created by Life Perspectives to offer guidance for anyone impacted by miscarriage. It includes an anonymous place to tell your story as well as structure for finding the support you need from others. (Note: some of these stories are raw and painful and may be difficult to read.)
- Toolkits: See our new toolkits, especially designed and created to help you. These are all available at www.LifePerspectives.com.
- Just For You: This toolkit is designed just for women who have miscarried.
- Friends & Family: When someone you love has had a miscarriage, what do you do? This toolkit provides tips and resources to help them process their miscarriage, including Top 10 Terrible Things to Say and Top 10 Terrific Things to Say.
- Men: Men often feel invisible and disenfranchised from miscarriage grief. This toolkit provides tips and resources especially designed for men facing miscarriage.
RESOURCES FOR FAITH LEADERS
Faith based leadership can play a critical and delicate role in helping men, women, and family members process grief and loss after miscarriage.
- Our Faith Leaders Toolkit offers a selection of practical resources, tips and links to help you effectively support those in your congregation who may be impacted by reproductive loss. It includes tips on ways to memorialize pregnancy losses with individuals as well as your entire congregation. This toolkit is available at LifePerspectives.com
- Follow #ForgetMeNot2020 on social media, for updates throughout the month.
- Share our website: MiscarriageHurts.com, for tips and tools to find comfort and healing after miscarriage.
- Share our YouTube video: “You are not alone”
RESOURCES FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
As experts in reproductive grief care training, Life Perspectives is at the forefront of offering the gold standard of care for healthcare professionals who want to guide patients through reproductive loss such as miscarriage. Resources for healthcare professionals include:
- Toolkit: Our Healthcare Professionals toolkit, available at LifePerspectives.com, offers a selection of practical resources, tips and links to healing tools to guide your patients through miscarriage.
- Courses: Our live and on-demand educational courses help you earn continuing education hours while learning valuable skills to help clients and patients through reproductive loss.
- Research: The latest and most impactful research is discussed in our guest lecture series “Research Reveals.” Our next event, on October 15th, discusses groundbreaking research that measures the impact of standardized patent-provider interactions against feedback from patients who have personally experienced miscarriage.
GUEST LECTURE EVENT: “SPIRAL OF PAIN – THE POWERFUL IMPACT OF BAD NEWS DELIVERY AFTER MISCARRIAGE”
As part of Life Perspectives’ “Research Reveals” guest lecture series, Life Perspectives is hosting its latest lecture on October 15th, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
This lecture is vital for health care providers and other caregivers who work with people who have experienced miscarriage. It offers the critical insights needed to deliver the painful news of miscarriage in a way that does not create a spiral of increased pain.
Who: Drs. Brann and Dr. Bute, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
When: Thursday, October 15th
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT (2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET)
As experts at the forefront of miscarriage research, Drs. Brann and Bute have created an unprecedented body of work on communicating with those who have experienced miscarriage.
ARE YOU A NURSE INTERESTED IN HELPING PATIENTS THROUGH PREGNANCY LOSS?
Many nurses interact daily with people who have experienced reproductive loss. What do they say to these patients? The right – or wrong – words could impact a reproductive loss experience for decades.
“In the medical community, there is zero standard of grief care for reproductive loss,” added Fredenburg. “At this time there isn’t a widely recognized evidence-based, unified protocol to help healthcare providers offer quality care to patients experiencing reproductive loss.” Life Perspectives remedies this by educating healthcare providers through educational and training sessions, including a course led personally by Life Perspectives’ own Medical Programs Director and Nurse Practitioner Grauerholz:
Reproductive Grief Care Training for Nurses –This course educates nurses and other medical providers to help patients actualize the loss, validate the grief, and begin to cope with those experiences. This live webinar course is available to nurses on these upcoming dates:
For more information on Life Perspectives’ courses or accreditations, visit: lifeperspectiveslearningsystem.com or contact Grauerholz directly at:
Kathryn Grauerholz MSN, NP, ACHPN
Director of Healthcare Programs
LIFE PERSPECTIVES’ VISION
Life Perspectives brings to light the widespread need for help that is faced by the millions impacted by miscarriage and other reproductive losses. Life Perspectives changes the way that people think and talk about miscarriage and creates traditions that focus on healing, remembrance and hope. Life Perspectives offers a safe place for those impacted, to receive the support that they need.
ABOUT LIFE PERSPECTIVES
Life Perspectives® is the global leader in education, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, without religious or political affiliation. Life Perspectives provides training and resources to health professionals including hospitals, medical professionals, therapists, social workers and pregnancy centers, as well as community and faith leaders. Life Perspectives is approved to provide continuing education nationally by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the National Association of Social Workers, as well as by the California Board of Registered Nurses, the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Life Perspectives is at the forefront of creating impartial and impactful research to understand the way individuals process reproductive losses, and to establish global standards for offering compassionate care. Life Perspectives also offers a safe place, without religious or political affiliation, for those impacted by miscarriage and abortion at MiscarriageHurts.com® and AbortionChangesYou.com®. For more information on Life Perspectives, visit www.lifeperspectives.com.