Life Perspectives Reproductive Grief Care training for medical professionals helps physicians, nurses, and other medical providers to recognize reproductive loss, grief reactions, and learn help patients to actualize the loss, validate the grief, and begin to cope with those experiences. The training programs aim to equip healthcare providers with a variety of effective communication modalities, cultural and spiritual competency skills, various options for memorialization, practical applications, and personal self-care strategies to positively impact the grief trajectory and promote healing for the bereaved.
Educational Goals and Objectives
- Describe the prevalence of reproductive loss.
- Describe the impact of reproductive loss on the patient and the healthcare system.
- Recognize the emotional meaning and impact of reproductive loss.
- Differentiate disenfranchised grief from typical grief reactions.
- List at least three therapeutic strategies for amelioration of reproductive grief.