- This event has passed.
Reproductive Grief Care Training – Webinar
October 20, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC-4
Life Perspectives Reproductive Grief Care education for medical professionals helps physicians, nurses, and other medical providers to recognize reproductive loss, grief reactions, and learn to help patients actualize the loss, validate the grief, and begin to cope with those experiences. This course equips healthcare providers with a variety of effective communication modalities, cultural and spiritual competency skills, various options for memorialization, practical applications, and personal self-care strategies to positively impact the grief trajectory and promote healing for the bereaved.
Educational Goals and Objectives
- Describe the prevalence of reproductive loss.
- Depict the impact of reproductive loss on the patient and the healthcare system.
- Recognize the emotional meaning and impact of reproductive loss.
- Differentiate disenfranchised grief from typical grief reactions.
- List at least three therapeutic strategies for amelioration of reproductive grief.