Event Coordinator Job Description
The Event Coordinator will further Life Perspectives’ mission by coordinating every aspect of event planning including educational events, fundraisers and other group activities. Their main duties include identifying event requirements, determining the cost, arranging event services, and ensuring positive guest experience. As the event coordinator, you should be well-organized and possess a sound knowledge of vendor management.
- Identify requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process.
- Schedule volunteers, IT and Audio/Visual support, vendors, photographers, speakers, etc.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to company standards.
- Serve as the point of contact throughout scheduled events.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or public relations is preferred.
- Passion and alignment with Life Perspectives’ mission and values.
- Reproductive Grief Care interest.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Excellent communication - written and oral - skills.
- Ability to lead and work in teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving and decision making ability.
- Can work in San Diego Headquarters.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. All resumes and cover letters received will be read and considered. Applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.
About Life Perspectives
Life Perspectives® is the global leader in education, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, without religious or political affiliation. Life Perspectives provides training and resources to health professionals including hospitals, medical professionals, therapists, social workers and pregnancy centers, as well as community and faith leaders.
Life Perspectives is nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) as a Continuing Education Provider. Life Perspectives is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs.
Life Perspectives is at the forefront of creating impartial and impactful research to understand the way individuals process reproductive losses, and to establish global standards for offering compassionate care. Life Perspectives also offers a safe place, without religious or political affiliation, for those impacted by miscarriage and abortion at MiscarriageHurts.com® and AbortionChangesYou.com®. Life Perspectives is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.