Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and executing Life Perspectives’ fundraising activities including major gifts opportunities, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. This individual will work closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors, and will provide leadership to development staff in an environment that enhances communication and collaboration among colleagues. The Director of Development also manages a portfolio of individual and corporate prospects through all phases of the development process. They will steward relationships with current and future donors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with major donors.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, and secure new donors.
- Execute a strategy for building and sustaining a multi-million dollar budget.
- Oversee the conception and implementation of fundraising events.
- Track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Coordinate implementation of Raiser's Edge with Operations Department to ensure accurate data entry, gift processing and reporting.
- Remains informed on legal and technical issues as they affect current and prospective donors and gifts; advises the board and staff on these issues as necessary.
- Prepares reports for the Executive Director, the Development Committee and the Board of Directors on the status of development efforts.
- Passion and alignment with Life Perspectives’ mission and values.
- Interest in reproductive grief care.
- 5+ years fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability to raise substantial funds from individuals, businesses, private and public foundations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel and to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Microsoft Office, Google Suite and CRM experience required.
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and cover letters received will be read and considered. Applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.
The Institute of Reproductive Grief Care and Life Perspectives is the global leader in education, research, expertise and support after reproductive loss including miscarriage and abortion, without religious or political affiliation. We provide training and resources to health professionals including hospitals, medical professionals, therapists, social workers and pregnancy centers, as well as community and faith leaders. We are nationally accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) as a Continuing Education Provider. Life Perspectives is also approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. We are at the forefront of creating impartial and impactful research to understand the way individuals process reproductive losses, and to establish global standards for offering compassionate care. Life Perspectives is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. For more information, visit ReproductiveGrief.org and LifePerspectives.com.